Saturday, June 26, 2010

Henry Goes AWOL

Originally I was going to tell you all about Cole. But something happened that scared Ma an' Pa and had me worried, too.

You see, a couple of days ago Henry disappeared.

Tuesday morning he was with the rest of us in the kitchen, eating our morning morsels. Wednesday evening Pa realized he hadn't seen Henry for almost two days. He looked all over the house, under beds, inside closets, in the basement, everywhere, and he couldn't find Henry. Then he went outside and looked, calling his name over and over again. I could see Pa was getting worried.

You have to understand that Henry isn't supposed to be outside. It's too dangerous. As Ma an' Pa keep telling us, there are other animals outside that could hurt or even kill us! Only Bagheera goes outside and even then, only for a little while.

Finally, late Wednesday night, Pa heard Henry meowing. (Henry almost never meows. Even when he does, it sounds more like a little kitten's meow rather than a full grown kitty's meow.) Henry was outside! And he looked scared.

Pa opened the back door and Henry came running in and jumped right up into Pa's arms, meowing the whole time! Since then he's been a bit clingy to Ma an' Pa, but mostly Pa. That's just not like Henry. He's usually a little standoffish, allowing Ma or Pa to pet him every now and then, but that's it. Now he'll crawl up next to them when they're sitting down, butting his head up against them, and meowing the whole time. Something outside must have really scared him. If that's so, I don't think I want to go out there at all.

Besides, my fur could get all mussed out there and we can't have that! I have enough trouble keeping my fur fluffy as it is.

Oh, I almost forgot. This is what Henry looks like:



Henry's one of a pair of litter mates. His sister Pip also resides with us.

I'll write something about her later, I promise.

No comments: